FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414670 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1395 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:17 PM »
They probably knew Release was watching them thru his binoculars and he had a pocket full of rocks ;D

thanks coach , but they were small rocks  ;) more like sonars ,but only throw the non productive ones  ;D

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
« Reply #1396 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Headed out in the am again with my buddy. I have limited out every time i've gone, Lets hope tomorrow is the same.
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

filetandrelease

« Reply #1397 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:22 PM »

good luck young man , don't forget some pics , going for size or eats ?

FISH ON

« Reply #1398 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:24 PM »

good luck young man , don't forget some pics , going for size or eats ?

I have plenty to eat so i guess size?? And i'm not that young i'm 48 lol.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1399 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:30 PM »
I have plenty to eat so i guess size?? And i'm not that young i'm 48 lol.

well depends how you look at it i can't even remember 48 hows that , but of course part of that might be due to a miss spent youth  :w00t: good luck

FISH ON

« Reply #1400 on: Jul 02, 2012, 09:44 PM »
well depends how you look at it i can't even remember 48 hows that , but of course part of that might be due to a miss spent youth  :w00t: good luck

THANKS! F&R

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1401 on: Jul 03, 2012, 06:45 AM »
Fished again this morning. Same place. Out near frenchmans. 18 FOW just outside most of the weeds. I went 5 for 5 on the walleyes. One short. Also got a 17 1/2 inch smallie and a small drum. Uncle didnt catch a thing this morning. Got 4 walleye on a black johnson swimming grub with a half night crawler. I got the larger walleye and the smallie on a yellow and silver sonar. The largest eye was a whisker over 19''...I got my running lights working so next time I go I will leave earlier. I wish oneida shores opened the gate earlier than 6. Is there other launches that will put me close enough to the islands? Heres a couple pics...

chief there are a couple of launches right inside the islands on the south shore. There is a launch at the end of south bay road that has a drop box, so you can get in there whenever you want. There is also boats a float marina farther east on lakeshore road, they have a drop box too. 

shut up and fish

OTIS

« Reply #1402 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:00 AM »
Nice work Chief...I'm headed back out there on the 4th, taking a Buddy and his 12 year old son...he is a really good kid and is obsessed with fishing, he has been dying to go fishing with me...I feel a little pressure I don't want to let the kid down...gonna have to work extra hard for them...he has never caught a Walleye...I hope to have some good pics of him holding his first an hopefully a limit...

If you limit out early or the eyes aren't cooperating, try running some smaller worm harnesses (Dixie spinners) along and above the weeds.  This has been producing all kinds of different species for us.  It's a little more action than jigging for eyes and the kids really seem to enjoy it.

We'll be out there on the east end tomorrow.  It's going to be a HOT one for sure.  We'll probably be loaded up with the whole fam damily, dogs and all!  If you see a blue and white pontoon fishing, stop and say high.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1403 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:35 AM »
Sounds good...Black LUND here...good call on the other fish if it is slow...I'll be between 123 and 119...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

Hollywood

« Reply #1404 on: Jul 03, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Thinking hard about knocking off early for a mid-day drift, look for the white hood ornament.
Cruising @ 30 mph coming in last night...

These guys were a blast last night, great kids and we had a great night....

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #1405 on: Jul 03, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Great stuff Hollywood!
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

gatorsin09

« Reply #1406 on: Jul 03, 2012, 10:50 AM »
Headed out last night around 6 it was gorgeous out. Went down east past 123, wow its alot more fun when you can do 35 the whole way there and back thats for sure. Stayed out in 30 fow and trolled with a 6 pole spread, it was deadly we had an eye on pretty much at all times. Saw the fire boat out there not sure if they were towing someone in or jumping them or what happened? Ventured across the channel just for fun and picked up a 22 and a half hog he was a great fight. Wow the eyes are hungry every other fish inhaled the hook,ive never seen so many just swallow it immediately like that. Kept our 6 and headed in around 830 to a beautiful sunset and just enough chop to get us on top of the waves and flying. Might try for ontario tomorrow morning and some of those football browns!

eyedoctor

« Reply #1407 on: Jul 03, 2012, 11:56 AM »
my brother and I went to oneida to try and catch some walleyes for my sister up from Florida.  Haven't been fishing in a month but  been following everyones great reports. It took us awhile to find some fish but after we did we got our six fish in an hour, all fish were between 16 and 18 inches, will be great dinnerfare. the lakeport area  in 30ft  was the answer for us.

FISH ON

« Reply #1408 on: Jul 03, 2012, 12:38 PM »
Hey Hollywood, Went fishing with your buddy pete the x-cop and my buddy which is his buddy joe this morning. We boated 23eyes and we started at 6 am and i was limited out at 6:48am. What a amazing morning. Started out with a slight breeze then went dead flat. Found some weeds at 14ft and started draging our jigs on bottom with little or no twitch at all just a slow retrieve. Heres a few from this morning.

OTIS

« Reply #1409 on: Jul 03, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Y'all got me drooling!  I'll be out from 111 tomorrow morning bright and early!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.