FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415284 times)

cnypanfisher

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2025 on: Aug 01, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Maybe add 20 feet to your dock?

cny

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2026 on: Aug 01, 2012, 09:38 PM »

You guys are on a roll today, that took a while to read...  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

arcticicejigger

« Reply #2027 on: Aug 01, 2012, 10:32 PM »
hey guys! went out tonight and tried my buddies new starcraft out! we were all over the northeast shore all the way out to 35 fow! we marked massive bait pods!anyone else?

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2028 on: Aug 02, 2012, 02:31 AM »
hey guys! went out tonight and tried my buddies new starcraft out! we were all over the northeast shore all the way out to 35 fow! we marked massive bait pods!anyone else?

Yessir, we've been seeing pods of baitfish in all depths of water on the middle north shore up to the west end also.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2029 on: Aug 02, 2012, 03:39 AM »

last time i cruzed the south side ssshhh, some of the bait balls were 100 yrds long 5-6' deep no more skinny eyes , unless they are on a diet

elrodalonzo

« Reply #2030 on: Aug 02, 2012, 06:29 AM »
I caught a real skinny one last week followed by a fat one.  Saw quite a bit of bait in the area I was in.  Guess some are better fisherfish than others!

arcticicejigger

« Reply #2031 on: Aug 02, 2012, 11:34 AM »
well we talked to a few old guys and they said the shad have spawned! not sure about this but they r old timers and prolly know, it was just bait pod after bait pod! we didnt fish much, as we were checking out the motors and things! maybe thats why we didnt catch anything! only fished 20 min! O and did i mention my buddy jumped overboard cause he  droped a brand new rod and reel overboard! it was priceless! hahahah! wish you guys could of saw it! came up with his hat still on and a rod in one hand and a flip flop in the other ! omg it was great! wanted to share my story, it was so funny!

coachwarner

« Reply #2032 on: Aug 02, 2012, 03:44 PM »
well we talked to a few old guys and they said the shad have spawned! not sure about this but they r old timers and prolly know, it was just bait pod after bait pod! we didnt fish much, as we were checking out the motors and things! maybe thats why we didnt catch anything! only fished 20 min! O and did i mention my buddy jumped overboard cause he  droped a brand new rod and reel overboard! it was priceless! hahahah! wish you guys could of saw it! came up with his hat still on and a rod in one hand and a flip flop in the other ! omg it was great! wanted to share my story, it was so funny!
Sounds like something Spanky would do :w00t:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

filetandrelease

« Reply #2033 on: Aug 02, 2012, 05:17 PM »

funny stuff right there AJ , coach and i know one that does it for no reason  ;)

rangerrick

« Reply #2034 on: Aug 02, 2012, 06:04 PM »
Hi guys, we bought a place on the south shore (a few miles west of Lewis Point) last year and I got the hoist in this year. I can just get the boat on the hoist, if the hoist was a few inches deeper into the bottom it would be great. Getting to the hoist is OK as my boat has a shallow draft (1750 Crestliner Fish Hawk). I was thinking about having a few friends over and digging the bottom out around the hoist or, and here's where I need some help, hiring a good local contractor to do it and maybe apply for the needed permits. Do you know of anyone you would recommend (or do any of you do this type of work?)? Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you and contributing to the forum in the future. Oh, BTW-have been doing well on 'eyes in 10-12 feet of water over weeds with Rapala DT and red eye shad-windy days better  of course.

I also bought a place on the south shore last fall (just west of the SS launch), so this was my first year with a boat lift as well.  I've dug out all 4 feet maybe 4-5 inches, and it's still hard to get on/off the lift.  I do have another section of dock, but even the addtional 12 feet won't get me much/any depth in my area.  I suspect i'll have to do the same thing next year.  I guess we could have worse problems... :-)  Good luck with your new place.  We've been getting the walleye pretty consistently in billington and shackelton as well, although i haven't been up in a couple of weeks.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2035 on: Aug 02, 2012, 07:01 PM »
you might find the bite just a little different now

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2036 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:09 PM »

I have waited 3 years to get something on the back of my tub , Thank you gain Lance for helpin out today brother , she's not quite ready yet ... Still needs a lot of love and scrubbin , but hopefully in time for ome hot perchin , feels good to have her back in the yard ;D

Hers is the new .... ued .... motor all tuned up and runnin like a top  ;D

bcons

« Reply #2037 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Nice knucklewad!  I seem to remember someone offering to help tow that thing last yr  ::)  :whistling: Not that I ever drive down the street you live on or through the square   ::) ::)

FM  (fishing mechanic) is top notch!  Only reason he got no money from me this yr is traded some of the cars for new ones. 
anyone needs some help with repairs just google "jerry's auto central square"
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

reeleyz

« Reply #2038 on: Aug 02, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Nice looking rig DD!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2039 on: Aug 02, 2012, 09:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys. Always here to help a fellow fisherman if I can.  Best of luck with that ride DD. Don't forget to mix the gas now Mr. :-*

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.