FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414809 times)

Hollywood

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2655 on: Oct 04, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Got about 30 perch this evening...absolutely beautiful out there! No walleye bite at dusk though, just too flat.

Flukeman

« Reply #2656 on: Oct 04, 2012, 08:00 PM »
So you were out there tonight. I think we saw you. I think maybe you forgot to pick up your anchor when you were up on plane     :D

Hollywood

« Reply #2657 on: Oct 04, 2012, 08:04 PM »
So you were out there tonight. I think we saw you. I think maybe you forgot to pick up your anchor when you were up on plane     :D

Oh great...here we go with the bass boat/walleye boat flame! You guys find any? Saw you heading back early...I know you bass guys are afraid of the dark...

Flukeman

« Reply #2658 on: Oct 05, 2012, 05:18 AM »
Did not find them. That guy in the yellow boat kept saying we were going to get dinner, but he kept going to smallmouth spots. We did catch a perch who should have been a walleye!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #2659 on: Oct 05, 2012, 07:25 AM »
Are you talking about Vinny from Lakeshore pizza. Very cool guy, owns a nice 88 mustang 5.0

Nope ... Brian Hammond

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #2660 on: Oct 05, 2012, 07:52 AM »
Got about 30 perch this evening...absolutely beautiful out there! No walleye bite at dusk though, just too flat.

Nice!!

Makes me think I should hang up the bow for a day or two and chase fins instead of fur.   ???

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2661 on: Oct 05, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Hey guys just bought myself a new recipe book. I know its not a report but I just wanted to share this one with you guys. I will be trying this one myself later this week.

Cheesy Walleye Bake

-10 oz. fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 1/2 cups)
-1 1/2 lbs. walleye fillets
-1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
-1 medium onion, finely chopped 1/3 cup flour
-1 cup milk
-1 1/3 cup cup shredded cheddar cheese
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1 cup crushed soda crackers

Heat oven to 350. Spread asparagus evenly over bottom of 10 by 6 inch baking dish. Arrange fillets. slightly overlapping, on top of asparagus. Set aside.

In 1 quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons margarine over medium low heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Blend in milk. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens and bubbles, stirring constantly. Add cheese, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir until cheese is melted. Spoon cheese sauce mixture evenly over fish fillets.

In 1 quart saucepan melt remaining 3 tablespoons margarine over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add cracker crumbs, stirring to coat. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over cheese sauce. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until sauce is hot and bubbly and fish is firm and (get ready for this word guys) opaque and just begins to flake. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Sounds delicious. If any of you guys get to try it before me, please let me know how it turns out. Tight lines guys. Chief.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #2662 on: Oct 05, 2012, 09:34 PM »
Opaque-not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.  :rotflol:

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2663 on: Oct 05, 2012, 09:43 PM »
Hey guys just bought myself a new recipe book. I know its not a report but I just wanted to share this one with you guys. I will be trying this one myself later this week.

Cheesy Walleye Bake

-1 cup milk
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper

Heat oven to 350. Spread asparagus evenly over bottom of 10 by 6 inch baking dish. Arrange fillets. slightly overlapping, on top of asparagus. Set aside.

In 1 quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons margarine over medium low heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Blend in milk. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until mixture thickens and bubbles, stirring constantly. Add cheese, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir until cheese is melted. Spoon cheese sauce mixture evenly over fish fillets.

In 1 quart saucepan melt remaining 3 tablespoons margarine over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add cracker crumbs, stirring to coat. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over cheese sauce. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until sauce is hot and bubbly and fish is firm and (get ready for this word guys) opaque and just begins to flake. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Sounds delicious. If any of you guys get to try it before me, please let me know how it turns out. Tight lines guys. Chief.

Cheif, can you substitute the walleye filets with fresh caught bat?   :w00t: :rotflol:
Nice job findin em

chiefcatchemall

« Reply #2664 on: Oct 05, 2012, 09:45 PM »
LMAO :w00t: If I have another night like that again this season I will definitely consider it!!

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #2665 on: Oct 05, 2012, 10:36 PM »
went out to godfreys tonight.. Saw couple of sets of eyes, GOT ALL THE WAY to the dock and realized that i left my poles at the house.. FML CUZ IM AN IDIOT!!! Gonna try the beach tomarrow night

cnypanfisher

« Reply #2666 on: Oct 06, 2012, 05:53 AM »
Cheif, can you substitute the walleye filets with fresh caught bat?   :w00t: :rotflol:
Ah that was a good one.

cny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2667 on: Oct 06, 2012, 06:00 AM »
Nope ... Brian Hammond

That would be..........BHammer. ;D

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2668 on: Oct 06, 2012, 06:04 AM »

Cheesy Walleye Bake

-1 cup milk
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper

i'm  tring  this  using  steelhead  or  a  brown !!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishit

« Reply #2669 on: Oct 06, 2012, 06:47 AM »
Instead of the soda crackers I've used Cheez its or the one my son really likes is Nacho cheese doritos... just thought I would add some tweeking to an amazing recipe...

Trapper if you use the smaller trout fillets the asparagus doesnt get over cooked...
1,168,124 Trout caught and released since 1997...another good year for the trout...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.