FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414482 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2865 on: Oct 20, 2012, 10:55 PM »
I'm going to leave the camera home next time to test the theory. Of course, that'll be the night I see a 12 point buck and land a hundred pound sturgeon :laugh:

isn't that the way it goes ,

went with coach tonight and he bested me, at one point i snapped off a crank , by the time i tied on a leader and crank he put 2 more to shore and dumped 1  :o

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2866 on: Oct 20, 2012, 11:24 PM »

went with coach tonight and he bested me, at one point i snapped off a crank , by the time i tied on a leader and crank he put 2 more to shore and dumped 1  :o

you better get that rust out now fred, ice is coming.  :P
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2867 on: Oct 21, 2012, 01:40 AM »

Stuff happens Filet, as I recall you recently got a quick limit, with a zero from your partner that night.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2868 on: Oct 21, 2012, 07:04 AM »
  you better get that rust out now fred, ice is coming.  :P

at my age don't i get a handicap ? got to get my back fixed first then we shake the ice rust off

Braz315

« Reply #2869 on: Oct 21, 2012, 07:13 PM »
anybody doing anything on the south shore?  I have been seeing a lot of cars and very little fish coming from Williams when I have been there.  Ill be trying the north shore this week for my fish, although im scared of these alleged "thugs" I hear so much about.

cicerofisher

« Reply #2870 on: Oct 21, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Williams has been very slow a lot of shad around and the walleye have not been biting very well at all haven't caught any fish there in few trips

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2871 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:17 PM »
zeroed again ??? ???. the shad were so so thick you could just about walk on em !! there was alot, and I mean alot of walleyes poping all around me all the way to the shore. there was just to much bait !! oh well, it can only get better from here.   later...

gatorsin09

« Reply #2872 on: Oct 21, 2012, 09:55 PM »
when i took my boat out on the south shore I couldnt believe the amount of shad. it looked like the schools of fish you see in the ocean. some of them were 4 or 5 inches too. the water was so low hasnt been an eye or bass near my dock in 5 months

coachwarner

« Reply #2873 on: Oct 21, 2012, 10:56 PM »
anybody doing anything on the south shore?  I have been seeing a lot of cars and very little fish coming from Williams when I have been there.  Ill be trying the north shore this week for my fish, although im scared of these alleged "thugs" I hear so much about.
Oh don't worry  :blink: Unless you hear somebody say " Release sic 'em! " ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2874 on: Oct 22, 2012, 06:15 AM »
the lake level has dropped 5" in the last 3 days. their about 2 weeks early, and the amount of shad in the lake is incredable !!!

I pulled a spanky move saturday morning. pulled the big boat for the season. I stepped in the water to hook the bow, and both feet went out from under me !! in the drink I went !! My wife was laughing so hard she almost fell off the dock !! I was laughing so hard I couldn't get up right away !! atleast the water wasn't that cold. " Spanky" you inspired me !!!"   later...

Old Timer

« Reply #2875 on: Oct 22, 2012, 06:46 AM »
I did the same thing Saturday when helping launch at Sacketts Harbot.  Only difference is I am well over 70 and hit pretty hard on point of hip..Lucky I didn`t break it... Changed clothes and went on. Had a good day with the fish..
The ramps are dangerous...

handyman8494

« Reply #2876 on: Oct 22, 2012, 12:11 PM »
I did the same thing Saturday when helping launch at Sacketts Harbot.  Only difference is I am well over 70 and hit pretty hard on point of hip..Lucky I didn`t break it... Changed clothes and went on. Had a good day with the fish..
The ramps are dangerous...
  you take it easy Old Timer, our bones are not what they used to be. I am 62 and i have to remind myself to take it easy. I still do everything. I slipped on the rocks and skinned my knee pretty good and index finger is still sore from Sunday night.

wallyeyebob

« Reply #2877 on: Oct 22, 2012, 03:55 PM »
 :D :D :D went out with a friend, we got 54 perch, great day. ran out of bait. good west wind.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #2878 on: Oct 22, 2012, 04:09 PM »
:D :D :D went out with a friend, we got 54 perch, great day. ran out of bait. good west wind.
great job on the perch bob, and chris ;D ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2879 on: Oct 22, 2012, 10:47 PM »

Fish cleaning died so I drove down to the canal tonight, great west chop at sunset, but bite was tough for me, fished from 6-9pm, got one keeper, dumped  two.... a short and really good sized one and got one other good thump I missed, got the 3 fish on 1/4 oz jigs and the other bite on 3/8 oz jig. You know its a tough bite when you count hits, jigged hard without any breaks for the full 3 hours til my neck hurt.. Great night for jigging though, warm with a bright moon too see your line with and little wind after dark.. oh well, next time, atleast I got the rust out, hadn't walleye fished since July.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.