FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415118 times)

walleye1

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3150 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:34 AM »
We hit the east shore last night and couldn't find a bite.  We did see a slammer buck (120+) hit by a car just north of Oneida.

Last night was the perfect example of fish biting somewhere. You fished east, Coach fished North and I fished west. All zeroes. A couple of buddies of mine fished a south shore spot and both limited. I'm going there tonight to fish with them so they're screwed. I seem to be a walleye repellent lately.  ;D

OTIS

« Reply #3151 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Last night was the perfect example of fish biting somewhere. You fished east, Coach fished North and I fished west. All zeroes. A couple of buddies of mine fished a south shore spot and both limited. I'm going there tonight to fish with them so they're screwed. I seem to be a walleye repellent lately.  ;D

We had them surrounded!

Good to know!  I'll stick with the east shore, maybe you'll scare them my way.

'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

walleye1

« Reply #3152 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 AM »
We had them surrounded!

Good to know!  I'll stick with the east shore, maybe you'll scare them my way.

Look for a big migration around 5:00.  ;D

coachwarner

« Reply #3153 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:08 PM »
I guess Spanky and I are going to have to make our annual trip to the south shore, sometime within the next week... to see if we can bag a few of those south shore eyes. ;D Even though they run a little smaller and don't put up much of a fight. :P Don't worry you will hear us coming!! Spanky likes to make a lot of noise. :w00t: unless we go into stealth mode, then we wear are NST hats so you will see us coming ;)

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

handyman8494

« Reply #3154 on: Nov 15, 2012, 04:39 PM »
I guess Spanky and I are going to have to make our annual trip to the south shore, sometime within the next week... to see if we can bag a few of those south shore eyes. ;D Even though they run a little smaller and don't put up much of a fight. :P Don't worry you will hear us coming!! Spanky likes to make a lot of noise. :w00t: unless we go into stealth mode, then we wear are NST hats so you will see us coming ;)

we'll keep our eyes open and listen for anything noisy !

reeleyz

« Reply #3155 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:17 PM »
Fished off the north shore for a few hours midday today. Oh wait, it's not ice fishing time yet.  :w00t:

I did get out in the boat for a few hours midday. I anchored and used my ice fishing pole. That was fun, almost as good as the real thing....almost.

Hollywood

« Reply #3156 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Fished off the north shore for a few hours midday today. Oh wait, it's not ice fishing time yet.  :w00t:

I did get out in the boat for a few hours midday. I anchored and used my ice fishing pole. That was fun, almost as good as the real thing....almost.

Good deal, reeleyz! I've been using the jiggin' rap on my regular rod- love the way they sock it!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #3157 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:56 PM »

Nice stringer Reeleyz!  What did you tell that walleye to get his eyes to bug out like that?? LoL

reeleyz

« Reply #3158 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:03 PM »
Nice stringer Reeleyz!  What did you tell that walleye to get his eyes to bug out like that?? LoL

He came up the elevator a little fast.  ;D

Hollywood

« Reply #3159 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Tried something different with some perch fillets... stuffed pint jars full of fillets, a little kosher salt & a lemon wedge & canned them. Not bad  ;D... now along with the canned venison for ice fishing we'll have canned perch too...canned redneck surf & turf, on ice, baby  8)

Old Timer

« Reply #3160 on: Nov 15, 2012, 06:50 PM »
I use fireline with no leader and usually never have a problem for open water fishing on oneida.  Been fishing that way for a few years.  I use mono or  fireline with mono leader for ice  :tipup:

I am with you on the no leader thing.. I use Power Pro, never a leader..

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #3161 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Tried something different with some perch fillets... stuffed pint jars full of fillets, a little kosher salt & a lemon wedge & canned them. Not bad  ;D... now along with the canned venison for ice fishing we'll have canned perch too...canned redneck surf & turf, on ice, baby  8)

SWEEEET ;D ;D ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3162 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:32 PM »
I use fireline with no leader and usually never have a problem for open water fishing on oneida.  Been fishing that way for a few years.  I use mono or  fireline with mono leader for ice  :tipup:

Are you sure? think for a minute...  my boat this summer, how many mr sparkley's did you break off because of no stretch.?
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3163 on: Nov 15, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Fished off the north shore for a few hours midday today. Oh wait, it's not ice fishing time yet.  :w00t:

thats how you do it,    :thumbup_smilie:     wish I never pulled my boat.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Coltsx18

« Reply #3164 on: Nov 15, 2012, 09:40 PM »
Attention all Anglers, There is a man posing as a DEC officer, I was fishing tonight and he came up in a red pickup truck and got out and he was dressed in a DEC officer uniform which now i know he must of stole it or he was a former officer, he came up to me and asked me for my fishing lics and i showed him and then he asked me to see my drivers lic so i showed it to him and he wrote all my information down and then he asked me for my social security number and at that point i knew something was going on so i said hold on let me call my wife and get it, but instead of calling my wife i dialed 911 and he must of knew because he ran away and luckly droped the piece of paper that had all my information down, He has a black Beard thats short like a gotaee and his first three of his lics plate is YDF. If anyone runs into this dumbass please call the police.

Tonights Report

No wind, No waves. Went 1-2 with a 18 incher

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.