FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414853 times)

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3405 on: Dec 02, 2012, 12:24 PM »
I bet this 'ol mudpuppy was glad to get out of my minnow trap.

Still can't believe he could work his way through the entry holes.

handyman8494

« Reply #3406 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:41 PM »
It's 40 out a way from shore... and guess whats dying everywhere...

Get ready for a great shore bite til it's too cold to stand it...  8)
hey Hollwood, thanks for sharing that with us. i'll tell the oriental's that have been netting them that Hollywood has their Christmas dinner.

handyman8494

« Reply #3407 on: Dec 02, 2012, 03:42 PM »
I bet this 'ol mudpuppy was glad to get out of my minnow trap.

Still can't believe he could work his way through the entry holes.

I can't stand them things.

Hollywood

« Reply #3408 on: Dec 02, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Found a nice compact school of eyes out in 40 fow this afternoon, was averaging a fish every 3 or 4 casts and they were pounding the sonar... but only the late late fall afternoon sonar...  ;D

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3409 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:32 PM »

nice job tom, somebodies got too keep those waldo's company, there probably getting lonely out there.  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #3410 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:39 PM »

nice job tom, somebodies got too keep those waldo's company, there probably getting lonely out there.  ;D

I wasn't too concerned about running into any jet ski's... There were 3 other boats out, fat lady is warming up though, I'm afraid.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3411 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I wasn't too concerned about running into any jet ski's... There were 3 other boats out, fat lady is warming up though, I'm afraid.

Well you can't say you didn't smack em around this season, you been beatin on them since mid march...   ;D  :w00t:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #3412 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:59 PM »
  Well you can't say you didn't smack em around this season, you been beatin on them since mid march...   ;D  :w00t:

Yeah... the boat went in on 3/17 for perch, been in since then. It's been a very good year... in a lot of ways  ;D

Hookinup

« Reply #3413 on: Dec 02, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Found a nice compact school of eyes out in 40 fow this afternoon, was averaging a fish every 3 or 4 casts and they were pounding the sonar... but only the late late fall afternoon sonar...  ;D

I'm gonna give it a go in the morning ... I think.

Then ... hit the hardwoods. The bucks are checking for the "round two" does ... and getting some feeding in ahead of the winter.

OTIS

« Reply #3414 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:58 AM »

My daughter caught one the last time we went out.  It was all I could do to get it away from her.  She wants one for a pet in the worst way... :P
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Hollywood

« Reply #3415 on: Dec 03, 2012, 06:37 PM »
Enjoyed one of my best ever Oneida trips with Hookinup today.

Cubby was a little chilly...

But the finder was on FIRE... this was just an average reading...

The perch were there...

But the main attraction were the 'eyes... and there were A LOT of them...

Hookinup had the hot hand today, taking the most & biggest fish...he released this nice sow, along with all the other large females caught...

I really couldn't tell you how many fish we got today, except to say I know we were in triple digits. We had many doubles and all you had to do if you dropped one was drop down & hook another. A flock of snow geese came in at dusk... never saw or heard anything like it, there were thousands if not 10,000 birds. They were a couple miles from us but the sound was still deafening (and this from a half deaf guy!) All in all, just a great day on Oneida with a great guy-
Thanks Jim!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3416 on: Dec 03, 2012, 06:39 PM »
man that dog looks thrilled  ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #3417 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Nice job fellas!!! :clapping:

Good thing I haven't put the boat away yet, maybe I can squeak in one more trip.  ;D

Hookinup

« Reply #3418 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:14 PM »
What an amazing day. I was all set to get out there alone and see if I could find 'em. As I slipped my phone in my pocket at 7:22 a.m., I noticed that I missed a couple calls from Hollywood. When I called him back, he said that he was thinking about hitting the lake too ... and would I like some company??. Perfect.... let's go get 'em...

He had been out yesterday and tore into 'em pretty good, so we had a great place to start. Once we got there, there was no mistake that we were in the right spot. The graph lit up like a Christmas tree. After that it was all yankin' and crankin'. Like Tom said, you could drop two or three fish on the same cast, and still stick one good before the sonar made it back to the boat. For a while, we were hooking up on every cast.

I know we put 100 walleyes in the boat ... and that's being conservative. Three or four of them being my biggest walleyes of the year. Tom had a 6 lb. + bruiser take him for a walk around the boat before spitting the sonar back at him. I had 34 bonus perch in the bucket, and Tom probably had just as many.

Towards the end, Tom was fighting his upmteenth walleye. I looked up just in time to see his line go slack. He looked at me and says "I lost him ... Good!" LoL. You know it's time to go home when you are glad you lost one so you don't have to take it off the hook.

Tom - Thanks for a great day buddy. I had an absolute blast

Hookinup

« Reply #3419 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:21 PM »
Nice job fellas!!! :clapping:

Good thing I haven't put the boat away yet, maybe I can squeak in one more trip.  ;D

Do it Bro... You won't be sorry.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.