FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414681 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3435 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:54 AM »
FYI - the docks were pulled at godfreys last week.

walleye1

« Reply #3436 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:21 AM »
Very short after work trip for a limit tonight. It's like going to Wegman's to pick up your walleye right now, we we're done like that.
40 fow on sonars...

A couple cool scenery shots...

Have I told you lately that you suck?  ;D I stood out in the pouring rain for an hour and a half and caught one d**n fish.

jj7leaf

« Reply #3437 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:18 AM »
FYI - the docks were pulled at godfreys last week.

Still able to launch with the concrete section?  Loading is probably harder but I am assuming I could still launch?

thanks

j

reeleyz

« Reply #3438 on: Dec 05, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Still able to launch with the concrete section?  Loading is probably harder but I am assuming I could still launch?

thanks

j

Yes, you can still launch, it's just a little more difficult.

handyman8494

« Reply #3439 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:42 PM »
And then there is us idiots, spending 7 hours tossing sticks on the shorelines.....from the northeastern shore right to brewerton with 1 dang fish to show. Yup, that is a big Ol' foot in our arse's. You two (Hollywood and Hookinup) always seem to humble any angler that puts time in on that lake. Great work guys.
I would of said the same thing. we just suck.

handyman8494

« Reply #3440 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Been fishing them spots for years..... This whole NST thing is really cracking me up. Maybe I should start pulling my pants down below my arse before I throw my first cast.....so I look like a typical urban Bro? :o
that is more like a Syracuse city thing or Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, etc, etc. youir arse might freeze before the first cast in the blowing wind. and you would also shivel up to nothing.

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #3441 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:29 PM »
And then there is us idiots, spending 7 hours tossing sticks on the shorelines.....from the northeastern shore right to brewerton with 1 dang fish to show. Yup, that is a big Ol' foot in our arse's. You two (Hollywood and Hookinup) always seem to humble any angler that puts time in on that lake. Great work guys.

It's just a boat bite right now Lance, and we are nuts enough to leave our boats in. They are hanging out in 40 fow ... thick ... perch too. The bait was right there with them, but it is thinning out. Tom thinks that they will soon start following the bait migrating to the shallower water as the temp drops. It will be a cool thing to keep track of, as we are watching water temps pretty closely. Mid-lake temps were 39.8 at the end of the day on Monday. Who knows what it is 40 feet down, though. We had a couple of eyes puke sand-pike too. Where the heck did they get those? 

filetandrelease

« Reply #3442 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:21 PM »

nice job guys i put mine up to early shame on me , but i'm glad to see your doing well , come ice season i have some catching up to do

NeverEnoughFishing

« Reply #3443 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Thanks for the updates Hookinup. Great job on the mid lake bonanza! Is it always like that out there this time of year? Im guessing not, since the shore bite is usually hot for few weeks now. Curious though. I heard the north shore is thick with dead shad. Last night I saw a few huge pods of  barely alive shad on the southwest shore. Im thinking with the recent east winds the warmer water and the surviving shad were blown that way. It will be interesting to see if the shore bite picks up this late in the year or if they will just hang deep for the winter. Thank goodness for the first two weeks of october or i would be looking at empty freezer shelves. But i'm telling that to the guy who caught more eyes in a half hour than I've gotten in 2 months  :P Again, great pics!

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #3444 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:49 PM »
40foot water =taft bay and west .  suns comin up  lookin east ,lots of shoreline  bouy 123 perhaps?

LoL......

I didn't know we were playing a guessing game, but you're more than a few miles off ...  :P

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3445 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:55 PM »
LoL......

I didn't know we were playing a guessing game, but you're more than a few miles off ...  :P
old school GPS until the sun comes up and then the clouds move in ::) ??? ??? ??? ??? YA really ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3446 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:48 PM »
It's just a boat bite right now Lance, and we are nuts enough to leave our boats in. They are hanging out in 40 fow ... thick ... perch too. The bait was right there with them, but it is thinning out. Tom thinks that they will soon start following the bait migrating to the shallower water as the temp drops. It will be a cool thing to keep track of, as we are watching water temps pretty closely. Mid-lake temps were 39.8 at the end of the day on Monday. Who knows what it is 40 feet down, though. We had a couple of eyes puke sand-pike too. Where the heck did they get those? 

Good info. Jim. Thanks for the update on mid lake water temps and bait fish patterns you guys are seeing out there. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on the shoreline action also.....Although I never check water temp when shore fishing. Till she locks up that is.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3447 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:51 PM »

nice job guys i put mine up to early shame on me , but i'm glad to see your doing well , come ice season i have some catching up to do

SS Spanky is all winterized and parked under the lean to also. Dang it......Allthough....she is an easy little boat to pull out for one or two last ventures. ;D

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #3448 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:06 AM »
temp was 36 on the shore in muskrat bay before the warm up. seeing alot of dead shad here to. the shore bite isn't good here at all. i've only caught 2 walleyes this fall !! last year at this time I had caught 52. Can't wait for hard water !!! I think it's going to be a good perch year.   later...

jhirsche

« Reply #3449 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:16 AM »
Had similar results on the north shore just opposite you (sully) this fall.  Best night was 8 hooked, 6 fought, and 5 landed. And that was the only night I limited.  Granted, I didn't make it out as often as last year, but even on these less frequent trips, I saw many less glowing eyeballs on the bottom than in years past.  And still incredible amount of baits...  now the buckeyes moved in to take the place of the dying shad.... populations as big or bigger than the shad were this fall....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.