FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dont Buy Cabelas  (Read 14079 times)

landlockedsalmon

• Remember we all live downstream.
Re: Dont Buy Cabelas
« Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2013, 06:54 AM »
lets start a post for all the people that have been treated well by cabelas.LLS
if everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.....

Baitbucket

« Reply #31 on: Nov 12, 2013, 07:01 AM »
I did just that Otis.

Bought the Maine Pac Boot from LL Bean. A honorable company that stands by its product and word.

Ill try to sell off this gift card cabelas gave me for a fraction of what I paid for their boots.. They wont see another cent from me.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2013, 09:07 AM »
.  Now I will be honest and up front, I don’t always get a full replacement, however I’m not always looking for one.  If a product has been used beyond what anyone would consider normal wear or is 5 plus years old, then I don’t expect them to give me 100% in return...

so wait...LL Bean picks and chooses when they do a refund, but Cabelas is the bad guy here?   

Baitbucket

« Reply #33 on: Nov 12, 2013, 09:10 AM »
so wait...LL Bean picks and chooses when they do a refund, but Cabelas is the bad guy here?   

No, cabelas picks and chooses. LL Bean just replaces it no questions asked..

OTIS

« Reply #34 on: Nov 12, 2013, 11:06 AM »

Let me clarify my previous post and answer your question, there are NO good guys in this game.  However I have had much better experiences with LL Bean than with other stores.  I have sent back just about everything I have bought from LL Bean at one time or another and have had mixed results.  The biggest issue I have with them is that they need to know what the invoice was from my original purchase, and I'm not always good at keeping that information.  That being said I purchase all of my work cloths (shirts and pants), and other products including: shoes, belts, boots, and coats for our family.  As the kids outgrow their cloths we send them back.  If I rip my pants or shirt, I send them back.  If my shoes wear out, I send them back.  You get the idea.  If they still stock the product, I can get a replacement (loafers, barn coat, belt), but if they no longer carry that specific product (mostly shirts and pants) I get credit.  Even in a worse case, it beats spending money at another store and getting nothing back.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Fishb4Family

« Reply #35 on: Nov 12, 2013, 01:25 PM »
I have sent back just about everything I have bought from LL Bean at one time or another and have had mixed results.  The biggest issue I have with them is that they need to know what the invoice was from my original purchase, and I'm not always good at keeping that information.  That being said I purchase all of my work cloths (shirts and pants), and other products including: shoes, belts, boots, and coats for our family.  As the kids outgrow their cloths we send them back.

Wowzers..I had no idea LL Bean let you borrow clothes. Those guys really do have the best gig going. Im not sure I would be too upset that they don't keep track of your purchases for you, after all they are letting you borrow their clothes and the least they ask of you is to keep the receipt.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #36 on: Nov 12, 2013, 02:56 PM »
As the kids outgrow their cloths we send them back.  If I rip my pants or shirt, I send them back.  If my shoes wear out, I send them back.  You get the idea.  If they still stock the product, I can get a replacement (loafers, barn coat, belt), but if they no longer carry that specific product (mostly shirts and pants) I get credit.  Even in a worse case, it beats spending money at another store and getting nothing back.

Im not calling anybody out here, i have tons of respect for all the guys on this thread, but to me, it just don't feel right to do that...i dunno, it just doesn't. seem. right...   

Baitbucket

« Reply #37 on: Nov 12, 2013, 03:50 PM »
Please keep this thread on topic.

The boots i returned were not worn out or had and damage caused by me.
They were used for two ice fishing seasons and the thread n the toe begun unraveling.

Cabelas themselves admitted the reason fell under the guarantee. But were out of their lifetime..

Wearing something till its worn out and returning it is not right in my mind either.

Baitbucket

« Reply #38 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Got my new LL Bean boots today.
And well... The message on the box and the little card on the boots say it all.

OTIS

« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2013, 11:14 AM »
Wowzers..I had no idea LL Bean let you borrow clothes. Those guys really do have the best gig going. Im not sure I would be too upset that they don't keep track of your purchases for you, after all they are letting you borrow their clothes and the least they ask of you is to keep the receipt.

You don't have to like or agree with what I do at all.  But the fact is they guarantee their products 100% forever.  This is why I spend more money on their products than I would for a comparable product at a local store.  If they didn't offer this guarantee I wouldn't buy their products.  If you think I'm the only customer that does this, you are sadly mistaken.  The fact that some people do not feel right taking them up on their guarantee is how they make money.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

wellsley

« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2013, 03:58 PM »
I'm sorry you had such troubles. I on the other hand have sent a rod back that snapped in two and it was replaced no charged. I've also sent two pair of boots back (less than a year) and had my money refunded no questions ask. The only thing I would advise is Cabela's prices are not always the cheapest for what you get so check around. Sometimes Basspro or Gander mtn. is cheaper.
LIFE MEMBER OF NORTH AMERICA FISHING CLUB

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2013, 04:47 PM »
Sorry - I have never purchased from Cabelas because their prices are too high.  But just looked up their Return Policy (Warranty) And I don't see them treating you badly.

Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

Baitbucket

« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2013, 07:20 PM »
But just looked up their Return Policy (Warranty) And I don't see them treating you badly.

Then perhaps you didnt fully read the whole warranty page?

It clearly states for Cabeals brand boots, which mine were;

"Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship"

What does "guaranteed for the lifetime of the product" suggest to you?

BLACK ICE

« Reply #43 on: Dec 02, 2013, 04:35 AM »

I haven't any problems sending things back to Cabela's, of course not many products I've purchased have failed on me.

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #44 on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:02 AM »
Then perhaps you didnt fully read the whole warranty page?

It clearly states for Cabeals brand boots, which mine were;

"Cabela's brand clothing and footwear is guaranteed for the lifetime of the product under normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship"

What does "guaranteed for the lifetime of the product" suggest to you?
I did read the entire warranty page.  And I take my statement back about not buying anything from Cabelas  - I bought a pair of the Transalaska III boots three years ago.  8)  When they wear out or fail, I'll buy new ones - they owe me nothing.
You took that last sentence out of context!  What does "normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship" mean to you?
It's not good wording for a warranty (obviously not for you) - it leaves them an "out".  I'm sure that my idea of "normal" is way different than yours or anyone elses.  ;)

I think this topic is headed for the Grumpy Old Men Shanty!  :w00t:
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.