FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop  (Read 58269 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop
« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Yeah, just over $400. Listed at $579.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

« Reply #61 on: Jul 28, 2016, 08:54 AM »
RG    If you have any online consignment auctions near by, try looking at them for the radial arm saw you are thinking about. Most of what I am seeing here are Crapsman but any of the radial arms I do see sell for cheep. I did see one that looked like it might have been what you are looking for.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #62 on: Jul 29, 2016, 12:30 PM »
The wood shop is on hold while I mend. I'll hold off on any new stuff for a while.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #63 on: Sep 01, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Well, I sold off the band saw. Got what I paid for it. I didn't make much use of it so no harm no foul. I also put the table saw/jointer on the block. Need to trim the operation to what I actually use. I think a scroll saw might be in the future.

Sold a few houses this summer as well as the barn house.

Fun stuff.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #64 on: Sep 01, 2016, 05:39 PM »
More like bird MANSIONS....     :o :o :o :o :o
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #65 on: Sep 01, 2016, 05:58 PM »
It's pure therapy work Dom. The feel of wood, the thump of the Brad nailer, the whirle of the table saw.......sawdust...... ;D

Makes me happy.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #66 on: Sep 01, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Well I can see where yours need to be in someone's yard so everyone can see them and mine out in the woods..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #67 on: Sep 01, 2016, 06:24 PM »
Not so much that they can be seen as they can be used for what I intended. Best case is....birds nest in them and the owners appreciate them. I have an idea for a maple tree in my yard. It's pretty big. I'm thinking  I'll add bird houses till I form a colony.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #68 on: Sep 01, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Get a good birdhouse book...  They tell you house size, hole size and how high to hang them for all different species..    I have some as high as 30' and with the propper hole and floor size I have  had a bunch of different things even flying squirrels and screech owls...
And its a good time to clean the used ones out....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #69 on: Sep 01, 2016, 07:17 PM »
I do my research Dom. My goal is to build functional bird habitat. I'm on a mission. ;D

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #70 on: Sep 03, 2016, 07:01 PM »
Sold the table saw/ jointer to a guy in Arizona. He paid me additional to hold it for him while the money order clears. He's arranging shipping. Must be a collector or something. Doubled my $$ on that one.

I may just find a couple more to refurbish.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #71 on: Sep 03, 2016, 09:13 PM »
Well done.   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #72 on: Sep 03, 2016, 09:16 PM »
Bobs Restorations...  i see a new TV show....   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #73 on: Sep 04, 2016, 03:34 AM »
Just what I need.....another project. I decided last week that I was going to sell off my Rod lathe and building stuff. I've got enough rods for yet another lifetime and I really don't want to make a business out of that hobby. Really, I need the room in the basement for the winter time birdhouse shop. I can hand wrap anything I need to fix.

Today my son and I are adding a horseshoe court to the back yard. We messed around yesterday playing some without any pits. Had a ton of fun....and a few frosty cold ones. I've got a perfect spot for it. Tall maples to the south shade the area very nicely. It's relatively flat and out of the way. All we have to do is figure out the mid court beer stations. Can't be walking off to a table all the time ;D

I beat him 3 out of 3. Fun stuff!
Rg

boondox

« Reply #74 on: Sep 04, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Hay rg you could alway make your self a hand rod wrapper out of wood??  there are designs all over the web that and a couple up right vees to supper the rod tips while drying and wrapping...  also make a support for a rod drier... there easy and compact plus  easy to store then you got the room for the wood shop.  And have rod building stuff to.. just a suggestion..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.