FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: why mother nature?  (Read 33602 times)

macdaddyaxe

• Fishing keeps me sane
why mother nature?
« on: Apr 10, 2007, 08:34 PM »
Is it just me or is mother nature playing games with us fisherman. First there was no ice and the d**n ice won't go away. Then in April we get 16" of snow and now numb nuts on the news is saying up to a foot of snow thursday. I just want some warm weather and sunshine to do some fishing. ???

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: why mother nature?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I know its been crazy. I said this is the longest winter I have ever seen in the past 10 years. Not necissarily the coldest, just long and inconsistent. We had snow where I live on october 12th when the leaves were green on the trees. Thats the earliest I have ever seen an accumulating snow. Then it stayed warm enough not to form ice until mid january. We finally got ice and it came hard. We had 15-18" in a one month period as it normally takes two months to make that much ice. Now its the middle of april and were suppost to get 6" of snow tmrw. Ive already seen 80 degrees here this year. Go figure. The lakes re iced after loosing all of their ice. Hmm wierd

Fishing is life

MIRC!

llfishstyle

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Its all cuz of global warming

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Its all cuz of global warming

right heres your global warming. We havnt hit our average temperature in the past week... once

Fishing is life

MIRC!

jrelaxin

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:44 AM »
lets just blame it on the pike.................since the water was low so they didn't spawn till late.That caused the water temp not too rise as quick.................. which in turn caused the air to stay cold.....Hence the cold air and here comes the snow.................. :pinch:
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

rich81

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:58 AM »

that last pic............. do you winterize that pool?   i have the same one and i winterize it every year   antifreeze, poool cover

BIG-JAKE

• Its about the whole experience...& landing fish.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2007, 08:30 AM »
al gore - an inconvenient truth

I THINK NOT - atleast not now anyway
"REMOVED"

slammer6500

• The official trolling flag..............I'm on!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2007, 10:43 AM »
It aint affecting my fishing, But my job is....... :'(
From the great words of Les Claypool of Primus............\"FISH ON\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rrfish

• Missouri River Brown
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2007, 10:50 AM »
do you really believe that crap Al Gore is trying to spread around?
  Hey Jiggy...pass me a beer will ya please?

BIG-JAKE

• Its about the whole experience...& landing fish.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2007, 10:51 AM »
do you really believe that crap Al Gore is trying to spread around?

I think at best it is just spin on insufficient data - the climate data does not go back far enough - a lot of people believe it cycles anyway - also I heard the temperature on mars has done the same thing as earth so who knows
"REMOVED"

chief10point

• we are going to need a bigger boat!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:04 AM »
It aint affecting my fishing, But my job is....... :'(
work is over rated!
chief10point

THREECAR

« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Hey Slammer -

:bowdown:
Easterly still sucks

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:34 AM »
who really cares about any of that stuff?? We should all concentrate more on fishing and less on global warming

Westerly

« Reply #13 on: Apr 11, 2007, 11:52 AM »
If you don't want to hear a rant about global warming, please stop reading now.   ;D

This is the only post I'll make about this (I think I might be outnumbered here  :)), but do you guys really think that all the CO2 and other junk we are pumping into the atmosphere is having no effect on the climate?!?  I find THAT hard to believe.  Just because WE are having a delayed spring, doesn't mean the whole world is.  It is called GLOBAL climate change and its more about trends and averages than 'snapshots'.  It shouldn't be about politics or Al Gore or George W either.  It is about science and even the Bush administration's scientists agree that something is going on here.   Someone mentioned the data doesn't go back far enough.  Here's some from Antarctic ice cores that go back 140,000 years...

It looks like there is a pretty significant relationship between greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and temperature to me. 
And here is the more recent data...

Check out the CO2 increase since the 'industrial age'!  If gas emissions have nothing to do with temperature changes, it sure is one he!! of a coincidence!!   I'm not suggesting we all should trade out vehicles for bicycles or anything, I think think its good to be aware of this stuff.  Just my opinion - take it or leave it...   End of Rant.   Man, I need to find some open water... :D

fshnfool

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #14 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:00 PM »
cool graph bbpinecone... :tipup:

I wonder what that spike in CO2 130,000 years ago was all about??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.