FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: why mother nature?  (Read 33599 times)

bassbug

• One more than Marsh
Re: why mother nature?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:11 PM »
looks to be nice on sunday for fishing

I guess were going to find out who the real men are

llfishstyle

« Reply #16 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:16 PM »
BBpinecone is exactly right. However so is slammer6500. The warming cycle is entirely natural. The debate however isn't about whether the earth goes through a warming period it is the fact that we are speeding it up. All the co2 is causing the earth to warm up as a whole more rapidly than it should naturaly. Dont get me wrong i like driving a big truck and i am in no way a liberal. It is the idots that pollute the air with like coal plants and dump there trash in rivers similar to those who illegaly stock pike that r causing global climate change. We had a crappy beginning of winter and now we are paying for it. All the cause and effect for climate changeall throughout the world.   

BIG-JAKE

• Its about the whole experience...& landing fish.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:19 PM »
I am all about finding ways to be nicer to mother nature - and I think we all have some responsibility on this matter. Good to be talking about it whether we agree or not

cheers to you all and OPEN WATER
"REMOVED"

llfishstyle

« Reply #18 on: Apr 11, 2007, 12:23 PM »
As for the graph if you look at the spike 130,000 years ago it is just under 290 parts per million. 290 parts per million on the other graph lies right on the x axis. We are at 350 parts per million. Recent scientist have predicted 400 parts per million is the catastrophe point.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 11, 2007, 01:44 PM »

that last pic............. do you winterize that pool?   i have the same one and i winterize it every year   antifreeze, poool cover

lol nope just collects ice. And it freezes fast so it gets me excited when Ice is coming

Fishing is life

MIRC!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2007, 02:26 PM »
Nice Michael Savage reference!

who is michael savage?

Fishing is life

MIRC!

slammer6500

• The official trolling flag..............I'm on!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2007, 03:13 PM »
MICHAEL SAVAGE FOR PRESIDENT....... :flag:
From the great words of Les Claypool of Primus............\"FISH ON\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red

« Reply #22 on: Apr 11, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Well, I had typed and posted a response but the post I was replying to had been removed already!  Way to be on top of that mods!!!    ;D

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:05 PM »
If you want to see another point of view on this subject watch this BBC documentary called The Great Global Warming Swindle.

slammer6500

• The official trolling flag..............I'm on!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:13 PM »
JimP, you are the man :bowdown: :bowdown: Everyone should watch and listen!!!!!!
From the great words of Les Claypool of Primus............\"FISH ON\"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westerly

« Reply #25 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:28 PM »
If you want to see another point of view on this subject watch this BBC documentary called The Great Global Warming Swindle.

And then if you are still interested and open minded, check out this video by a University of Edinburgh professor which thoroughly debunks the BBC video point by point.  (I know, I said I'd only post once in this thread, but I couldn't resist...)  ;)

http://nodvin.net/swindle_scam/index.html

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:50 PM »
bb, setting the science aside for a second.

Do you deny that there is an entire industry that has sprung up to cash in on the subject.

I equate this to the y2K rip off. All hype then fizzle.

davefish

• Fly Fishing Newbie
« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2007, 04:59 PM »
If you don't want to hear a rant about global warming, please stop reading now.   ;D

This is the only post I'll make about this (I think I might be outnumbered here  :)), but do you guys really think that all the CO2 and other junk we are pumping into the atmosphere is having no effect on the climate?!?  I find THAT hard to believe.  Just because WE are having a delayed spring, doesn't mean the whole world is.  It is called GLOBAL climate change and its more about trends and averages than 'snapshots'.  It shouldn't be about politics or Al Gore or George W either.  It is about science and even the Bush administration's scientists agree that something is going on here.   Someone mentioned the data doesn't go back far enough.  Here's some from Antarctic ice cores that go back 140,000 years...

It looks like there is a pretty significant relationship between greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and temperature to me. 
And here is the more recent data...

Check out the CO2 increase since the 'industrial age'!  If gas emissions have nothing to do with temperature changes, it sure is one he!! of a coincidence!!   I'm not suggesting we all should trade out vehicles for bicycles or anything, I think think its good to be aware of this stuff.  Just my opinion - take it or leave it...   End of Rant.   Man, I need to find some open water... :D

well said, anyone that is naive enough to think that all the nuts we put into the environment is affecting it is a moron! al gores movie mey not be the gospel but put things into perspective, just because it is snowing on april 12th in farmington friggen maine doesnt mean a darn thing about global warming!!
here brookie, brookie

Westerly

« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:41 PM »
bb, setting the science aside for a second.

Do you deny that there is an entire industry that has sprung up to cash in on the subject.

I equate this to the y2K rip off. All hype then fizzle.

Hey Jim,
Didn't intend to say anything else here, but since you asked...   :) Do you mean to say that the folks who are brainstorming, designing, and selling products that reduce emissions and wean us off the oil companies teet are cashing in?  People selling hybrid vehicles, windmills, new industrial applications to reduce stack pollutants, etc.?  Well I guess you can look at it that way.  On the other hand, I see these folks more as having found a 'need', and then thinking up ways to satisfy the 'need'.  It's just capitalism.  Whether you think it's an industry that should be supported or poked fun at comes back to whether you choose to believe the science or not.   Again, just my opinion.
- Ryan     

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #29 on: Apr 11, 2007, 07:34 PM »
BB

I think it is more a case of, create the need (hysteria) and then swoop in to cash in.

Here are some things to consider.

Hybrid car example? Hybrids use more natural resources to own and operate then a full size hummer when you consider all aspects to the total life cycle of both products. With the hybrid you also have the battery/toxic waste issue to deal with at the end of the life cycle. This so called solution is a feel good farce.

Windmills, utilize more natural resources to construct, install, maintain and dispose of then the energy they will create in their life cycle. Additionally they kill and maim thousands of migratory and other types of birds. The roads needed to build and maintain them often lead to many other negative results. Nuclear generated electricity is the answer to our needs.

As to the science of man made global warming? I think it is utterly ridiculous to assert that manmade Co2 is responsible for the current warming trend. We are no where close to historical high temperatures. Man only generates a small portion of the global Co2 output.

For anyone that is interested in this topic there is a thread going here that has good information.

In spite of the assertions of Oprah and Al Gore the science is far from settled. If data proves otherwise I am perfectly willing to change my mind. Until that time we should not destroy the US economy on a fools errand based on heney penny predictions.

Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.