FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: why mother nature?  (Read 33608 times)

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
Re: why mother nature?
« Reply #45 on: Apr 12, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Thank you for moderating your tone. I agree no one here is an idiot.

I don't believe that Co2 has much to do with global warming. My belief is that the Sun activity is responsible. I believe that the scientific method will prove me correct over time. Provided that the global warming profiteers will allow the science to progress unabated by politics as is being done currently.

Your pike analogy doesn't work for me, I see it as a logical fallacy. apples and oranges.

If by your own admission man has very little to do with Co2 levels even if it is established as a cause, what would imposing restrictions on human activity do to affect Co2 levels? nothing.

Historic Co2 levels, based on ice core samples, have been much higher in the past. Those levels don't really correlate to temperature.

I will go and watch the video in the link you provided

TinyTim

• MFF Mod Team
  • PB 7.05 lbs.
« Reply #46 on: Apr 12, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Know what I find amusing??

You are talking about global warming, and if it was warm enough to rid of the ice, you'd all be out fishing and be too busy posting pics of fish to even have this debate...  :cookoo: :rotflol: :w00t:

See ya Sat.!!!!!  :-*

Jim P

• Lake Ontario 8/2008
« Reply #47 on: Apr 12, 2007, 11:08 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

fshnfool

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #48 on: Apr 12, 2007, 11:11 AM »
it's overpopulation.......too much breathing.  the human body releases co2  on the exhale......which creates greenhouse gasses.....

solution??.....stop blowing hot air and fish  ;D

Butch Moore

• OOOOPS!!
« Reply #49 on: Apr 12, 2007, 11:12 AM »
You go Jim! ;)
""The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin

""As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist." - Sitting Bull

rrfish

• Missouri River Brown
« Reply #50 on: Apr 12, 2007, 12:01 PM »
Here's one for you  I heard on the TV a few weeks ago.  It was on one of the news programs.  They were interviewing some lady from PETA and she attributes global warming to methane created by all the cattle we breed to eventually eat.   :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
  Hey Jiggy...pass me a beer will ya please?

rrfish

• Missouri River Brown
« Reply #51 on: Apr 12, 2007, 12:02 PM »
but I think I'll still eat steak and prime rib and burger....
  Hey Jiggy...pass me a beer will ya please?

Butch Moore

• OOOOPS!!
« Reply #52 on: Apr 12, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Pass the A1... ;)
""The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin

""As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist." - Sitting Bull

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #53 on: Apr 12, 2007, 01:27 PM »
had burgers for lunch. Im sure the 5 bajillion buffalo that roamed america and canda 300 years ago had no affect with their methane

Fishing is life

MIRC!

fshnfool

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #54 on: Apr 12, 2007, 01:31 PM »
that must be what the spike in co2 was 130,000 years ago........dinosaurs came across a bean field

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #55 on: Apr 12, 2007, 01:32 PM »
that must be what the spike in co2 was 130,000 years ago........dinosaurs came across a bean field

:rotflol: :rotflol:

Fishing is life

MIRC!

llfishstyle

« Reply #56 on: Apr 12, 2007, 03:20 PM »
haha if she were smart she would know that the termite is the largest producer of methane gas (all of them combined that is)

fishfry

« Reply #57 on: Apr 12, 2007, 06:08 PM »
but I think I'll still eat steak and prime rib and burger....
:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

reubenpa

« Reply #58 on: Apr 12, 2007, 08:37 PM »
how does anyone know about 140, 000 years ago.. this is another "can of worms" but nobody knows about back then.. the only record we have of true history is the Bible and it speaks of 6000 years since creation.. and there is tons of evidence that points toward 6000 years and none to the evolutionary theory of millions or billions of years, which brings up the obvious ? of how could they know back before there was...........  anything called the universe or especially earth.  ...  as I said another can of worms.. I personally think this is a cycle..  some places get hot and some dont// as with the co2  yes we might be getting slightly warmer, but its not gonna effect nything, and wat could we do anyway that shouldn't be done. We should be concerned with polution but not because of temp but because of ur earth, health etc. It shouldn't be cause of panic  .. I heard a funny thing.. what if we were on a colder swing..would the activists be wanting us to find more ways to polute, or burn oil???  just to warm it up a little??? my 2 cents        :whistling: :angel: :angel: :angel: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #59 on: Apr 12, 2007, 11:26 PM »
how does anyone know about 140, 000 years ago.. this is another "can of worms" but nobody knows about back then.. the only record we have of true history is the Bible and it speaks of 6000 years since creation.. and there is tons of evidence that points toward 6000 years and none to the evolutionary theory of millions or billions of years, which brings up the obvious ? of how could they know back before there was...........  anything called the universe or especially earth.  ...  as I said another can of worms.. I personally think this is a cycle..  some places get hot and some dont// as with the co2  yes we might be getting slightly warmer, but its not gonna effect nything, and wat could we do anyway that shouldn't be done. We should be concerned with polution but not because of temp but because of ur earth, health etc. It shouldn't be cause of panic  .. I heard a funny thing.. what if we were on a colder swing..would the activists be wanting us to find more ways to polute, or burn oil???  just to warm it up a little??? my 2 cents        :whistling: :angel: :angel: :angel: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

well I do believe it is mostly speculation what has happened in the past. However I know in the arctic they can take core samples of ice that has been around for 1000's of years and tell you how the climate was then. That might be in Gores vid, I cant remember. But I have seen it one the discovery channel before.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.